If you’re looking for an easy Whole Wheat Pizza Dough for your next pizza or flatbread, then this recipe is for you! We use it on our tasty BBQ Flatbread recipe – give it a try!
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 3 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour plus 1/2 cup for dusting
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
- Add 1 ½ cups warm water to a medium-sized bowl
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon active dry yeast on top of the warm water and let sit untouched for 10 minutes.
- To the water mixture, add in salt and olive oil and mix. Stir in 3 ½ cups of whole wheat flour, mixing until the dough starts to come together.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead the dough until all of the flour is absorbed. If the dough is to sticky, add in more flour 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add a bit of olive oil to a large bowl, ensuring the sides of the bowl are covered in oil. Add the pizza dough to the bowl.
- Cover the pizza dough with a towel and place in a warm spot or over a bowl of warm water.
- Allow the dough 2-hours to rise.
- Follow your favourite pizza recipe, and enjoy!
*Extra pizza dough can be placed in a freezer bag, and kept in the freezer for up to 1 month. When ready to use, remove from freezer and allow to thaw completely. When kneading dough, add extra whole wheat flour as dough will be slightly sticky.