Before going vegan we loved white chocolate. That creamy texture with that sweet flavour? It’s so delicious. After going vegan, we had accepted white chocolate was something we had given up and couldn’t eat again, but we know anything is possible. And that’s how this White Chocolate Bark came to be.
Sigourney was so excited about this white chocolate bark, she actually dreamt about it for months before ever attempting to make it. That makes this dessert a dream come true!
Our White Chocolate Bark doesn’t look like chocolate when you’re making it, but we assure you that’s normal. Once you add the powdered sugar to the melted cocoa butter it turns into more of a paste. Just roll with it! With dried cherries inside and drizzle of dark chocolate on top? You’ll be the talk of the town among your friends and family!
P.S. If you’re wondering where to buy Cocoa Butter, we get it from Bulk Barn!
White Chocolate Cherry Fudge Bark
- 1 cup Cocoa Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Dried Cherries
- Dark Chocolate For drizzling
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Place a heatproof bowl or another pot over top to create a double broiler.
- To the heatproof bowl add in the cocoa butter until it is fully melted. Add in the almond butter and vanilla whisking until the almond butter is melted.
- Once fully melted stir in the powdered sugar and salt. Remove from heat and continue to stir until completely incorporated. Add in the dried cherries and continue mixing until the cherries are evenly distributed throughout the chocolate.
- Pour chocolate into an 8 x 8 parchment paper lined baking dish. As the chocolate will be thick, use a spatula to evenly spread out.
- Place chocolate in fridge for 45 minutes or until it becomes firm. Remove from fridge.
- Melt dark chocolate in a small dish. I place it into the microwave on high for 30 seconds at a time, removing to mix then placing back in until full melted.
- Using a spoon drizzle dark chocolate over the bark until it’s evenly distributed. Place chocolate back in the fridge for an additional 15 minutes until the dark chocolate has hardened.
- Break up into pieces like bark.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store any extras in the fridge in an airtight container. Allow a few minutes to thaw before eating.