Pasta is great if you’re feeding a large group or need a quick dinner, but we are not pasta people. We usually find ourselves taking naps after eating a lot of pasta, feeling tired and heavy. This Vegetable Pasta has us singing a different tune.
It’s light, fresh, full of exciting flavours, and is so pretty to look at. Using the vegetable noodles also makes us feel way less guilty about eating a big bowl of this pasta, though you could sub in any noodle you like.
This is a great recipe to help you get rid of veggies that are about to spoil in your fridge – throw in mushrooms, eggplant, whatever you have on-hand!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Red Onion Chopped
- 1 Zucchini Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 bunch Asparagus Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Basil
- 1/2 tbsp Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- 1 box Vegetable Spaghetti Noodles we use Catelli Super Greens
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, zucchini, red pepper, yellow pepper and asparagus to the pan. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the onion is translucent and the veggies are cooked through.
- Add the crushed garlic and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti as directed on box.
Add the can of tomatoes (including liquid) and balsamic vinegar to the vegetable pan and bring to a medium simmer. Reduce heat and simmer lightly for 10 to 15 minutes until most of the liquid has dissolved and you are left with a thickened sauce.
- To the vegetable mixture, stir in the basil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
Add the veggies to the cooked spaghetti and toss. Serve, and enjoy!
*Feel free to sub in other vegetables such eggplant, mushrooms, broccoli or whatever else you find in your fridge.