Our Vegan Cheeze Sauce was originally made for our Mac n’ Cheeze recipe. But we quickly realized it can be used for so many other things. Try making it to pour over your nachos, as a fun party dip, or to make our yummy Animal Fries!
Vegan Cheeze Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cashews Raw, unsalted
- 2 large Potatoes Peeled & chopped into small pieces
- 1 large Carrot Peeled & chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 White Onion Roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic Roughly chopped
- 3 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Original Veggemo Milk Or your favourite nut milk
- 1/2 cup Vegan Margarine
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce Or tamari sauce
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water, place in the fridge and let sit for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight.
To a medium sized pot, add the chopped potatoes, carrot, onion, garlic and vegetable broth.
Over medium-high heat bring the pot to a boil, and allow vegetables to boil for 15 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots are cooked through and soft to the touch.
Drain the vegetables and add to a blender or a food processor.
To the blender/food processor add the cashews, veggemo milk, margarine, lemon juice, mustard, soy sauce, paprika and nutritional yeast.
Blend until the cheeze sauce is completely liquefied and no lumps are left.
Use on Mac n Cheeze, Nachos, anything you like! Or freeze for later.