Cobblers are a huge hit in both our houses. Sigourney’s husband’s favourite dessert is pie, but they aren’t really her thing. When you remove the crust and you’re left with the delicious insides of a pie with a sweet crumbly crunchy top, even she admits the filling is delicious! This Triple Berry Cobbler is perfect for dessert, but sometimes sneaks in to the breakfast table too.
It’s easy to change up the flavours depending on what fruits you like and what’s in season. Try this cobbler with:
- Apple Cinnamon
- Strawberry Rhubab
- Strawberries, blackberries & blueberries
Love this cobbler? Then you’ll love our Apple Betty!
Triple Berry Cobbler
- 3 cups Mixed Berries We use raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter we use Earth Balance
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To a bowl add the mixed berries, lemon juice, cinnamon and ¼ cup brown sugar. Gently stir ingredients ensuring berries are completely covered. Pour berry mixture into a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl add remaining ½ cup brown sugar, all purpose flour and rolled oats. With a knife cut in small pieces of the cold butter.
- Using a pastry blender or your hands, mix together the ingredients until you’re left with a crumbly topping.
- Sprinkle the topping over the filling in the cast iron skillet.
- Place the cobbler in the preheated oven and cook for 40 minutes, until the topping becomes golden brown and the berries are tender.
- Remove from oven and serve warm topped with vegan ice cream.
*Place a baking sheet lined with foil on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any overflow from the cobbler.