Thai Chili Sauce is a great staple to have on-hand for any stir-fry or pad thai meal you may make. You can buy it at the store, or make your own with this easy recipe!
Thai Chili Sauce
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1/2 tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 cup Water + 1 tbsp
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Add the maple syrup, rice vinegar, crushed garlic, red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt to a saucepan. Heat saucepan over medium heat, bringing the sauce to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon water with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and whisk to combine to create a slurry.
- Add slurry to the boiling sauce and mix constantly until sauce begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the sauce to a mason jar or other air-tight container to store.
*Sauce should keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. **Adjust red pepper flakes as necessary depending on your tolerance for spice.