Sweet Potato Fries have been a huge craze for a while and we totally understand why, they are so darn delicious! There is no need to go out to the bar to enjoy this tasty treat, because it is pretty darn simple to make at home!
We topped our Sweet Potato Fries with a generous sprinkling of our parmesan and some dried parsley, serving with chipotle mayo for dipping.
If only you could have seen Brigette’s eyes when I served these to her, she was in shock… like a deer in headlights! But she quickly moved to devour these!
Once you see how easy it is to make Sweet Potato Fries you’ll find there are so many uses for them. As an appetizer or a snack, duh! But what about as the base for Poutine or Animal Fries? What if you made our Chili Cheeze Nachos, but replaced the chips with these? My stomach is actually grumbling as I type this! I think I am hungry, can you tell?!
Gotta run! Making Chilli Cheeze Sweet Potato Nachos!
Sweet Potato Fries
Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Leaving the peel on, slice potato into long fry size pieces. Start by cutting the potato in half, and then cut vertically the width of the potato leaving you with 1 inch thick slices. From there chop each piece into fries.
- In a large bowl toss the fries with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and olive oil.
- Place fries on a lined baking tray, ensuring fries are not overlapping.
- Bake fries for 20 minutes, remove from oven and mix. Place back in oven and bake for additional 15 minutes. Watch fries to ensure they don’t burn.
- If fries are not as crispy as you would like, turn oven up to broil for 2-3 minutes keeping a very close eye as the potatoes burn quickly!
- Serve with chipotle mayo on the side and top with a sprinkle of our parmesan and some dried parsley.