Roasted Chickpeas are a great snack to eat on their own, add to nut mixes or to top a salad with. These roasted and puffed chickpeas are a delicious and healthy snack for the midday lull, or the late night munchies.
We prefer to use canned chickpeas as opposed to dried chickpeas as we find them more convenient, especially for weeknight cooking. With roasted chickpeas the key to the crispy finished product is making sure the chickpeas are well rinsed and completely dry. When you make this crispy snack, don’t skip the drying period! Even if it seems like a long time!
This recipe makes a savoury and salty snack, but feel free to change up the seasoning depending on what you’re in the mood for. Don’t be afraid to play around with flavours and make a bbq seasoning, or go sweet and try using maple syrup and cinnamon.
These roasted chickpeas are a perfect snack that will be sure to please everyone in the house!
- 1 can Chickpeas Rinsed & drained
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- Pat chickpeas dry, and spread out on an absorbent cloth allowing chickpea 30 minutes to dry.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, onion powder, salt and chili powder.
- In a medium sized bowl toss chickpeas with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, along with spice mixture. Toss until chickpeas are completely coated.
- In a single layer, arrange chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven halfway through, and mix the chickpeas. If after 50 minutes, chickpeas aren’t completely crispy place back in oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow chickpeas to cool completely.