What can we say, Peanut Butter Brownies are delightful! Their soft, moist centre, and crispy golden outer edges, creamy peanut butter swirled in. Yum! These brownies are a delicious treat for any occasion. Make them in one bowl, and they can be ready in no time.
Swirling in peanut butter definitely elevates these brownies, but you can certainly leave this out if you’re not a peanut butter fan. Adding the chopped chocolate is what gives these Peanut Butter Brownies the gooey texture, but you can also leave it out if you don’t have it on hand.
I always recommend under-cooking brownies, checking on them, and then continuing to cook them in small increments until a toothpick inserted comes out with only a little bit of batter. The key to brownies is ensuring they aren’t overcooked. Keep in mind, brownies will continue to cook once they’re removed from the oven, so by removing them while they’re slightly moist ensures the brownies are soft and delicious when you want to eat them!
Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 cup White Sugar Make sure it's vegan
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter Melted
- 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Dark Chocolate Coarsely chopped, 70% or darker is typically vegan, but always check
- 1/4 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan, by buttering the side and bottom of the pan with vegan butter.
- To a bowl add the melted butter and cane sugar, whisking until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Whisk in apple sauce and vanilla until completely combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt, mixing with a wooden spoon until completely combined. Batter will look slightly lumpy. Add the chopped dark chocolate, and stir to combine.
- Pour prepared batter into the pan, tapping pan until the batter is completely level.
- Microwave peanut butter for 15 seconds, and add dollops of peanut butter spread out over the top of the brownie mixture. With a knife, drag the peanut butter throughout the batter, swiliring until fully incorporated.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with a slight bit of batter on it. Allow brownies to cool completely in pan.
- Serve and enjoy!