Darwin Animal Doctors is a team of veterinary doctors and volunteers from around the world. They partner with communities to build vet clinics, training centres, and teach humane education.
Darwin Animal Doctors provide domesticated animals in-need with spay and neuter clinics, emergency medicine, parasite treatment, disease testing, and other preventative care. They also work with national parks and government wildlife agencies to provide life-saving care and protection to wildlife and ecosystems worldwide.
Their humane education team is committed to creating a compassionate world by educating future generations. Partnering with local schools, volunteers teach about the importance of spaying and neutering, basic care for domesticated animals, and the impact of domesticated animals on wildlife.
Darwin Animal Doctors accomplishments
Darwin Animal Doctors have a long list of accomplishments that they highlight on their website, including:
- Treating thousands of animals who otherwise would not have access to veterinary care
- Establishing a full-time veterinary clinic on Santa-Cruz island, offering free veterinary services
- Sending vets to all four inhabited islands of the Galapagos
- Becoming a board member of the office of invasive species
- Implementing the first general humane education program on the islands
What can you do
If you want to know how to help, visit the Darwin Animal Doctors website. All donations support free vet care for animals in-need worldwide. Darwin Animal Doctors is always looking for volunteers to help with veterinary care and humane education. If you want to learn more about what they are doing, they also blog on their website. There, you can read about some of the many animals they have helped in the Galapagos islands.