It’s winter time in the city which means it’s time to break out the food processor and start souping! This cauliflower potato leek soup is so easy to make, and it’s quick to pull together!
Both cauliflower and leeks are vegetables we’ve only started cooking with over the last couple of years, but the potato is one we are all-too-familiar with. After all, Poutine is a staple Canadian dish, and the first ingredient is potato!
So whether you’re looking for something to warm up your stomach, or you need a quick meal out the door, this is the one. The best part? It makes so much that there’s plenty of leftovers to freeze for later!
Cauliflower Potato Leek Soup
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter we use Earth Balance
- 2 heads Cauliflower Chopped
- 3 stalks Leeks Chopped
- 4 Potatoes Peeled & diced
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3 tsp Garlic Minced
- 2 tsp Salt
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- In a large pot, melt the butter
- Add in chopped leeks and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until leeks begin to soften
- Add cauliflower, potatoes, minced garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, vegetable broth, and water and cook on high till boil
- Once boiling, lower to simmer for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft
- Move ingredients into food processor or blender (I use my Ninja) and blend until smoothe
- Put soup back into pot. Add remaining salt & pepper as desired
*This soup goes great with garlic bread! Just soften a little vegan butter, mix in some mixed garlic, spread on top of bread or a baguette and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.