Beets are a nutrient-dense vegetable that are often overlooked. Once we discovered how amazing beets were, a whole new world of recipes was opened up. We decided to combine this yummy vegetable with one of the simplest (and tastiest) meals to make – soup. Thus, our Bright Beet Soup was born.
Beets are great for a quick, easy dinner if you need to throw them in the oven – hello Buddha Bowls! – but blending them up to make a soup is just as simple. We love the intense pink colour of this Bright Beet Soup, but you could also try using golden beets or candied beets.
Our beet soup is so tasty, and if you ask us, the more spices you add the better. You can also swap out the yellow potatoes for sweet potatoes, or the new-to-me purple potato.
It’s warm, it’s hearty, it’s full of flavour, and it’s good any night of the week. And, if you like beet recipes, try our Beet Pesto Pasta!
Bright Beet Soup
- 1 Beets
- 2 Yellow Potatoes
- 1 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 425
- Peel and chop potatoes, place on stove and bring to a boil. Once boiled let simmer for 45 minutes
- While potatoes simmer, put beet in the oven on a tray for 45 minutes - leave the skins on
- Remove the beet from the oven, when cooler to the touch peel the beet and chop
- Place beet, potatoes, lemon juice, coconut milk, and spices in blender
- Blend to smooth, and enjoy!